In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bel Air Center for Addictions now offers a HIPPA compliant telemedicine program. This new program focuses on virtual visits and offers those receiving outpatient services a treatment option with fewer in-person follow-ups. This program has been made possible by a change in regulations which have removed barriers to providing telemedicine services.
Advantages of telemedicine visits include:
- No time wasted in waiting rooms
- No time or money wasted in travel
- No need to take off work or make childcare arrangements
- No need for exposure to possible infectious diseases like COVID-19 or the flu during the upcoming cold and flu season
Virtual visit set up for existing and new patients is easy! We will securely host all virtual office visits through our medical record system.
We’ve included additional details below but please contact our office to learn more or set up your visit today.
- Virtual office visits are appropriate for those patients who have established stability in treatment for a significant period of time.
- Patients will need internet access and must be able to join a visit link on a desktop, mobile or tablet device with video and audio capabilities. Nothing needs to be downloaded to the patient’s phone, computer, or device.
- Patients must be willing to accept text and/or email communications from us.
- A link and confirmation for each virtual visit will be sent to the patient via text and/or email prior to each appointment.
- Monthly fees will be payable in advance of each appointment with a credit or debit card.
- New patients to our practice will require initial in-person office visits to determine eligibility for virtual office visits.
- We may request an in-person visit at any time. The option to use telemedicine for any specific visit or patient is not guaranteed. Frequency of required visits is based on patient stability and time in treatment.